Happy NEW YEARS, here to another great year ahead ???
A New year is always a great time to start a new chapter or ‘turn a new leaf’. We tend to be more motivated to see the new beginning as a new start, a way to change or lives and improve ourselves in our personal lives, careers, friendships and areas in out lives we would like to improve.
How? I am no expert, however by changing your habits and routine, therefore change the environment associated to the habit or thought that easily attracts you to that temporary satisfaction. For example, I was feeling grumpy while shopping with a friend, I saw my favourite chocolate, LunchBar – obviously I got excited immediately wanting to purchase it to quench my cravings associated to the temporary satisfaction, neglecting the commitment to my ‘no sugar diet’. My friend being a strict and healthy human, took my chocolate and replaced it with a dried mango treat at the till. I gave up the fight and enjoyed the healthier treat. Since then, I started the habit of replacing the unhealthy treats with healthier options.
Here are some suggestions:
- Change listening to music often to mixing things up with self improvements audio books, or audiobooks that may help you with any areas you would like to improve in your life.
- Try leaning a new skill – work with what you have, reach out to anyone or organisation that may help you acquire that skill (Check out Education & Ref on MoyaApp)
- Journal your daily improvements, lows and highs (good/ bad), then write down how that made you feel and how you can improve or change the outcome in the near future.
- Exercise more, start with any level your are comfortable with, take a walk, go to the gym, workout at home, or join a local sports club or activity.
- Meditate, take time for yourself each day, just a few minutes to clear your mind.
- Spend less time on your phone at night, especially before going to bed.
- Spend some time with friends and family if you have lacked in participation or going out.
- Eat healthier ( you do not want that chocolate – resist temptation! Haha ), drink more water.
- Read a new book every month – you can read free books on MoyaApp too!
- Work on your finances – change and plan your budgets differently for example keep a spreadsheet or book to record your expenses.
One has to continuously improve and change to grow, to see a a different outcome, if we keep doing what we have been doing, same habits, same routine we will get the same results. Spice and change things up! Try new things and work on improving any aspect everyday to get a different result!
Wishing you a great year ahead – here is to achieving even more one step at a time, you got this ???
-P.S – there is still more to come on MoyaApp watch this space!